In Berlin, Anita Wlodarczyk recorded the new world record of Hammer Throw with the measure of 79,58 improving of 16 centimetres the previous record of Betty Heidler (in Halle at May 2011).
The 61 national records broken are:
- Fourteen during the African Senior Championships in Marrakech thereof three in the 400 metres event (Mali, Swaziland and Zambia), two in the Heptathlon event (Burkina Faso and Namibia), two in the 10 kilometres Walk as official intermediate (Ethiopia and Kenya) and for Ethiopia also for 20 kilometres Walk, 200 metres event for Swaziland, 400 hurdles for Kenya, High Jump for Ethiopia, Pole Vault for Angola, Shot Put for Cameroon and Discus Throw for Nigeria;
- Twelve during the European Senior Championships in Zurich thereof two in the 200 metres event (Netherlands and Switzerland), two in the 20 kilometres Walking (Czech Republic and Slovakia); two in the 4×100 relay (Ireland and Norway); 100 metres event for Switzerland, High Jump event for Netherlands, Pole Vault event for Austria, Shot Put event for Hungary, Discus Throw event for Croatia and Javelin Throw event for Serbia;
- Five for Iran during the National Club Champs for Women (2nd and 3rd stage) in Tehran for 10000 metres, 100 hurdles, 400 hurdles, High Jump and Discus Throw;
- Five in the 3000 steeplechase event (Bahrain, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Perù and United Arab Emirates);
- Three in the Pole Vault event (Finland, Sri Lanka and Switzerland);
- Two in the 5000 event (Paraguay and Solomon Islands);
- Two in the 400 hurdles event (Mexico and Slovakia);
- Two in High Jump event (Great Britain and Uruguay);
- Two in the Discus Throw (United States and United Arab Emirates);
- Two in the Javelin Throw (Myanmar and Puerto Rico);
- Two in the 20 kilometres Walking event (Brazil and Perù);
- Two in the 4×100 relay (Great Britain and New Zealand);
- Other NRs: 200 metres for Benin, 3000 metres for Burundi; 100 hurdles for Panama, Long Jump for Ecuador, Triple Jump for Trinidad & Tobago, Hammer Throw for Poland, Heptathlon for Puerto Rico and 20 kilometres Walking for Singapore.